Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday Link Fest


Now that I (sort of) have myself together and have been collecting stuff all week, it's Saturday, it's raining, so it's time for another link fest. So here it goes...


So unless you have been completely like in a coma this week, this story about the IRS targeting tea party groups made quite a splash. When I first saw it, I thought that it would result in the same stonewalling, lies, and nothingness that the Benghazi scandal resulting in. So far, they are right on schedule for this to fade away by the end of the month. Why? Because literally, this administration has gotten away with murder, and the weak kneed Congress just doesn't have the balls to impeach him or prosecute his misconduct. It really is that simple - this is how tyrants are made.



No link here - I was just flipping through the channels and stopped to watch Blazing Saddles. If you haven't gone back & watched it, it is an experience. I would caution you to remove small children from the room though. The real experience is when the dialog gets going with the 'N' word, you will look around guiltily while laughing. This is where political correctness has taken us...

Update: Just to clarify, I am not saying using the 'N' word is 'ok' or anything like that. What I am saying is that that 'Blazing Saddles' (or B.S - hey - that's funny too!) poked fun at all those racial stereotypes in a way that everyone could laugh at. If this movie was made today, every actor in it would be shunned as soon the 'N' word came out of Slim Pickens mouth. That is the 'political correctness gone wrong' I was referring to.




I guess technically it should be called 'Fantasy Islands', but with 1/3 of the population being fed by the US taxpayer, Puerto Rico isn't really cute or funny anymore...



This was just funny - watch it all the way through...




So Amazon is going to try market their own version of the bitcoin (and is starting it out by giving away free money). While this looks like a gimmick, Amazon is about the only online retailer that has a prayer of pulling this off. The more interesting question is why? From a monetary viewpoint it makes a lot of sense. It is similar to the way banks make money off of loaded debit cards - they get to use the 'real' money while you decide what to buy. I am thinking I don't like the idea of privately issued money thing - but I need to give it some thought as to why...






Star Wars and Dr. Who dress ups brawling? This is the kind of thing that gives geeks a bad name. I do have to say that the woosie Dr. Who pretenders probably had it coming....



So a guy uses a drone to look in his neighbors windows and that's alright? This is of course inevitable as the cost of drones drops. Fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment