Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stuff from the week (just to get it off my chest)...


So here's what caught my eye this week...


Moore's Law seems to continue to be possibly proved true as the development of quantum computers proceeds apace. That whole 1000 years to break commercial DES? Not looking so good anymore...


So I still haven't bought myself a tablet yet... I guess I am just somewhat a dinosaur in that respect. However, this tablet specialized for the closet chef looked appealing. Talk about a specialty item..


So this story about London reclaiming the fat that is clogging up their sewers is probably not a great reflection on the healthy eating habits of their population (fish & chips indeed?). One wonders if there is a relationship between that and their recent 'almost' terrorist attack?


So if you have ever wondered what all the fuss about Portlandia is, or if it is exaggerated, watch the above video & wonder no more...



I will probably never buy this 'lonely guy' car, but is really does seem stupid that States are requiring drivers of these things to wear helmets - I mean really, aren't they suffering enough? This regulatory nonsense is just a bully kicking sand in the face of the 98 pound weakling at the beach...


I guarantee you that this is the way ever Chuck Norris wantabee sees a roundhouse kick working as soon as they learn how to do it - I know I did. The sad fact is it usually takes so long to happen and execute, and is so clear what you are doing, that it is practically useless in a real fight. That this guy pulled it off in a MMA match means to guy on the receiving end was probably just not paying attention or already out on his feet... at least that's my assessment...


I saw the above picture from this site documenting the ship turned forest, and it made me think of this old fort that at some point in the future I am resolved to break into visit..


I know there are rumors about some pro athlete 'coming out' - but really guys - this is a family game and  this not the way to do it...


(DO NOT PLAY THIS VIDEO - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

I am kinda against these for smores construction - in fact for the record, having to watch the above video over and over when my kids were little kinda ruined me to the whole smore thing...


Having just gone through the pain & tourture that is a sleep study and a short period wearing a 24 hour heart monitor, I am all for these 'band aid' type heart monitors replacing the low tech monitors they use today. Another interesting(?) medical development is the new Xbox can reportedly detect your heart beat and blood pressure - not sure if that's a good thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment