Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bias? What Bias?

Bias not Baez you idiot!

Just clicking around a bit this morning noted Drudge had featured a WSJ article about Cruz's Quixote-like attempt to get the house Obamacare defunding bill to a vote. I was taken just a little aback by the abject media bias on that one. The indication there was a problem starts with the Title:

Cruz Sets Confrontational Tone as Senate Debate Begins
I would argue that Reid is the one with the argumentative tone. Rather than allow a vote and let the democratic process proceed, he is blocking a vote on the actual bill sent by the house. What is he afraid of? Surely he has the votes to defeat it. Why is he reluctant to lay his cards on the table? Just perhaps because he is afraid of exposing his minions the the ire of actually voting the shut down the government? My theory on the broken state of the representation system of our government is demonstrated in spades here. Here's what sub-president Reid said:

President Obama has been clear. I have been clear. Any bill that defunds Obamacare is dead on arrival in the Senate.
The piece rambles on, then, out of the blue, comes this bit of 'fair' analysis:
 Mr. Cruz was in danger of being seen as a pot calling the kettle black when he said, “There is a tendency in this town toward brinksmanship, towards pointing to events that can cause instability and uncertainty and using them to try to get your way."
 I would say that Reid and Obama are the very embodiment of brinksmanship. They are the ones that refuse, year after year to negotiate a real budget. Bet I suspect that to use the same analogy on Obama would probably be considered racist, and my momma taught me better than that.

I suspect we will hear more of this kind of nonsense as the debate moves forward. I also suspect the low information voters will buy it hook, line, and sinker. For the record, here is how far we have gotten in my flow chart:


UPDATE 3:57pm (ET):
It appears that Reid has not tabled, and Cruz has started a filibuster - a real one 'until he can no longer stand'. But apparently it's not an actual 'filibuster', but a really long speech. You can watch it here..
"Townhalls are not an inconvenience"
It's like he read my blog!!!


1 comment: