Saturday, September 21, 2013

So what's going to happen on October 1st?


I saw this discussion about the Senate Republicans filibustering the CR from the Republican majority house which funds the rest of the government but defunds Obamacare (H/T Drudge). I was confused. Weren't they for defunding Obamacare? A deeper look at the way our government (currently) works revealed that by filibustering they keep the bill alive. I know - crazy, huh?

As a programmer I often have to map out the logic of things not as I wish them to be, but as they exist. This is often the only way I can get an understanding of a process. So, I approached this apparent logic conundrum in the same way. For non-programmers and those not versed on logic diagrams, here's a helpful guides as to what the shapes in my diagram mean:


Here's the diagram that explains (as best I understand it) what is going on and what is going to happen in our government over the next month or so...



Yep, that is a reference to a certain scene from 'Justified' in there... Yellow has a meaning too...

UPDATE: My apologies the the IMAO readers. I am a bit late in getting this greeting up as I got distracted by 'real life'. In any case, take a peak around, kick the tires, and leave comments. Just don't kick the dog - he's getting old and is a little slow, but can be provoked into biting. A pat on the head is probably more appropriate.

The dog:


1 comment: