Saturday, July 27, 2013

Just a little creepy...


So I am recovering from 'too much summer fun' and flipping through the channels. Now I usually get pretty much all my news from Drudge and the like because a) it's up to date, and b) I can filter out the crap that I am not interested in. That being said, the only news network that I trust to give me mostly unbiased news in Fox. Thus, I stopped channel surfing on Fox News to see if there was anything going on in the world that I didn't know about already.


The show that was on there was the one with Sheppard Smith. Now I will admit that I find his news delivery entertaining and his producers generally package the news in a way that is entertaining and interesting. That being said, he was not talking about anything I hadn't read about already on Drudge. The main topic at the time I was watching was about Putin's snubbing the Bamster on the Snowden affair. Sheppard started off with this picture that was the same as the one that led on Drudge:


All fine and good. Not quite sure why Putin has to wear cammo to go pike fishing, but ok. Also not quite sure this photo is real - I mean look at the size of those hands. They don't quite match the rest of the picture do they? What followed all this though was what creeped me out. It was a whole series of pictures of Putin with his shirt off doing stuff, and Sheppard Smith oohing and awing over them.

Now I am not a homophobe. I could care less what a person does in the privacy of their own home. That being said, watching two men kiss in public bothers me a little. However watching a gay national TV personality gushing over half naked pictures of a middle aged leader of a country with nuclear weapons still pointed at me made me more than just a little nauseous.

This is why I read all my news now. I don't need to be spoon fed the facts of the day by foolish people. I suspect that the reason that too many of my countrymen remain ignorant is that they prefer to watch the news rather than read it. The problem is compounded when, in the pursuit of entertainment, they turn toward the likes of Cobert, John Stewart, and yes, even Sheppard Smith to learn what is going on in the world around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment