Monday, November 11, 2013

Salute!


Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow veterans! I was fortunate in that I served during the cold war and never got shot at. There are uncounted many more of my fellow veterans who served in much tougher times, and my hat is off to them. That we continue to have the finest Army in the world is a testament  to the men and women of this nation that continue to volunteer and give their professionalism and bravery to grateful nation. Here's hoping we as a nation can somehow continue to be worthy of their sacrifice.

Here's a picture of me getting my corporal stripes (yeah - they promoted fast in the Intel ranks) I can't believe I was ever that young! Then again, I am old enough to have spent some time being trucked around in the back of a M35 too (Deuce-N-Half - pictured above). My Sargent stripes got pinned on a bit later...


No comments:

Post a Comment